Project product will be a "Train for EUROPE"
The participants of the preparatory visit for the "European CNC-Network" have agreed to the following common resolution:
- The participants will develop a European Network in the field of
computerized numerically controlled (CNC) machines.
- The project will begin in October 2007 as part of the European COMENIUS
programme "Lifelong Learning" (COMENIUS School Partnerships) and will
run for two years.
- A promotion in accordance with COMENIUS network is intended for 2008.
- The participants have selected English as working language.
- The participants have agreed on a common product named "Train for EUROPE".
- The train will consist of a locomotive with several wagons.
- The locomotive and each wagon should have a width of 10 cm and a
maximum length of 30 cm.
- The different parts of the locomotive will be the result of common
planning and manufacturing based on a division of labour.
Each partner school will provide several parts of the locomotive.
- The various parts of the locomotives will be assembled in the final
- The wagons will be individually designed and manufactured by each
- The wagons will incorporate unique characteristics representing the
- The participants will build at least two identical wagons –
the first is for presentation to the COMENIUS administration, the second
is intended for each school’s own use.
- If circumstances allow, the participants will produce additional
copies of their characteristic wagons for each of the countries involved in
- At the end of the project each country should have one (nearly) complete
"Train for EUROPE".
- The participants will come to an agreement regarding costs, manufacturing
options and the design drawings.
- The participants plan to meet four times during the project:
- Oct 2007: Coordination and distribution of the design tasks.
- Mar 2008: Assessment and agreement on the design drawings.
- Sep/Oct 2008: Planning and coordinating of the production tasks.
- Apr 2009: Final assembly and presentation of our project "Train for
- The participants will cooperate in
- comparing the different kinds of vocational training and educational work
with their trainees.
- exchanging and developing teaching methods and materials.
- evening out the differences in teaching, training methods and equipment.
- developing a multilingual internet platform as a basis for a long-lasting
- Each step of the project requires the continuous engagement of our
- The project is integrated in the targets and goals of the curricula
for the training programmes of the different metal-working and electrical
- Students and teachers should benefit from the exchange of experience
by mutual visits.
- The BBS TGHS Bad Kreuznach (Germany) will take on the coordination
of the project.
- Prior to the beginning of the project the participants will try to
recruit additional participating countries.
As many European countries as possible should be involved in the project.
If you are interested in taking part, feel free to contact
The participants are convinced that this project is perfectly suited
to result in a product supported by a "European CNC-network".
The result of our efforts symbolizes the successful cooperation
of the different European educational institutes.
The participants are confident that we have found with this project an excellent example
that will bring the "European thinking" to life.